Get your mouth ready for a treat! These gluten free, sweetened with banana muffins will please your taste buds and nourish your belly!
At Healing Tree Wellness Center I talk our clients through the Gluten Free and Candida Diets daily. To many this diet and lifestyle is brand new. I have found the people who are the most terrified over what to eat when I introduce the diets to them, are the very ones who succeed beyond expectations.
The Gluten Free Diet is pretty simple, you are encouraged to avoid gluten, which you will find in wheat and wheat by products. The Candida Diet is a little more involved, with this diet you are encouraged to avoid sugar, white flour, dairy, fermented foods, and processed and packaged foods. These are temporary diets for our clients, allowing the body a moment to heal and cleanse. And for many of us, these diets have become a lifestyle choice.
One of the biggest questions I get from people when I share these diets with them is, “what can I eat for breakfast?” To me, the answer is simple, these muffins! This is a quick and easy recipe, and makes for a great ‘grab and go’ breakfast. This recipe calls for three bananas to sweeten twelve muffins. I pair one muffin with half a Granny Smith Apple, sliced and baked with butter and cinnamon for a really tasty breakfast that sustains me fully until lunch.
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as I do, and please, let me know what you think of them!!
Gluten Free Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 3 Eggs
- 3 TBS Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Walnut Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners
- In large bowl combine mashed bananas, coconut oil, almond butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined well.
- Add All Purpose Gluten Free Flour, Salt, Cinnamon, Baking Soda and Baking Powder into wet ingredients and Mix well. Fold in Walnuts.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared muffin liners.
- Bake 18 minutes. Insert a toothpick to ensure the muffins are done, toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove muffins from muffin pan onto wire rack to cool.
Bananas and Granny Smith apple for breakfast I thought I could not have any fruit on Candida
You can have one serving per day of the fruits on our approved list. You will find the list on the foods you can eat side of your diet form.
Thank you! Where do you buy the flour, and what is the brand?
Slaughters, Food Lion or Harvest Moon would have it. 🙂
Can you use almond or coconut flour for GF flour?
I think almond or coconut flour would work fine. -Carly